USCG Drug & Alcohol Testing
Keeping our Waters Safe with DOT Mandated Drug Testing
USCG – United States Coast Guard-Department of Homeland Security
Safety for the public on the open waters is a primary concern for United States Coast Guard (USCG).
Employees that fall under USCG Drug & Alcohol Testing guidelines within the merchant marine industry, may be combined with DOT covered employees in drug testing pools even though the USCG is now part of the Department of Homeland Security.
Crewmembers that need to be tested in the Merchant Marine Industry include:
- Individuals who are on board a vessel performing duties under the authority of a license, certificate of registry, or merchant mariner’s document.
- Individuals engaged or employed on board a U.S. owned vessel and such vessel is required to engage, employ or be operated by a person holding a license, certificate of registry, or merchant mariner’s document.
Every employer has the responsibility to provide a safe and healthy workplace for all of its employees.
Employers are responsible to comply with the 46 CFR Parts 4 and 16 of the Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulations for company mandated USCG Drug & Alcohol Testing program.
DrugfreeUSA Provides Convenient Programs and Fees
DrugFreeUSA will assist your company by providing a convenient and fee friendly program that will ensure your compliance with the regulations with USCG. We have programs for small, medium, and large companies to fit your specific needs.
The FAA program requires the following types of testing:
- Pre-employment Testing – required prior to employment
- Random Testing
- Post-serious Marine Incident (SMI)
- Reasonable Suspicion Testing
- Return-To-Duty Testing
- Follow-up Testing
Each Test screens for the following drugs:
- Amphetamines (Including MDMA & Ecstasy
All DOT/FAA Drug tests are screened at a SAMHSA approved laboratory.
The USCG does not require alcohol testing under the 46 CFR Parts 4 and 16 of the code of regulations.
*See fee schedule for drug and alcohol testing prices.
DrugfreeUSA - Service You Can Depend On
- 17 + years of experience in the DOT Mandated Compliance Industry.
- Convenient prices and NO PER-DRIVER FEE.
- Great personalized customer service.
- Highly trained staff with DOT-NRCME Doctor on staff.
- Members of the Drug and Alcohol Testing Industry Association (DATIA).
Join DrugFreeUSA today, and become a member of our CONSORTIUM FAMILY!